Today’s weather in Cape Town is the perfect example of an autumn day, so when I got dressed this morning I thought it would be a good opportunity to show you how I like to layer my outfits in autumn. In Cape Town you can get four seasons in one day, so you need to be prepared 😉 I have a basic look that I prefer for autumn and winter that is made up of skinny jeans, a fitted top and a tailored blazer. I’ll work with this look and change it up on a daily basis with different scarfs, bags, shoes and other accessories.
From left to right is how I layered my outfit for today. I start out with a summer outfit and then add a blazer if it gets chilly. I normally carry a scarf in my handbag for when I go outside or if we stay out late. As it gets cooler, I’ll throw in a lightweight long sleeved top in my bag too that I can wear under my blazer for extra warmth if needed. I also always carry a small umbrella in my handbag. If you’d like to see more of my blog posts on my top fashion trends for winter 2013, where to shop and how to wear, click here.
Outfit details: Dark wash skinny jeans from Woolworths / Black chiffon top from a factory shop / Pinstriped blazer from Truworths / Scarf bought at a local boutique / Grey pumps from Mr Price / Necklace was a gift
Layering is key as we transition to winter. My top fashion tips for autumn 2013 are:
- Work with what you have. If you want to start building your winter wardrobe invest in accessories like scarves, bags, hats, shoes and gloves.
- You can never go wrong with boots – so on a chillier day I’ll wear this exact outfit but with black chunky heeled boots.
- Another favourite look for autumn of mine is ankle boots with stockings and a skirt paired with a fitted top. With this outfit you can carry a coat with you for extra warmth – it’s the perfect outfit for the office.
I’m ready for whatever Mother Nature brings my way today, and I have car shopping to look forward to this afternoon. Happy Tuesday peeps 🙂
MORE WINTER OUTFIT IDEAS AND FASHION TRENDS
- Fashion trends for winter 2013
- My fashion inspiration for winter 2013
- How to wear a summer dress in winter
- How to wear leather leggings
- Winter stock at Zara Cape Town
- Red winter boots at Jet