I spent some time at Canal Walk yesterday and there are so many gorgeous items in store. Beautiful skinny jeans and knits at Woolworths, nice tops at Edgars and I saw the most divine cobalt blue wool coat at Jenni Button. I haven’t started my winter wardrobe shopping yet (it’s taking a LOAD of self control!) but I have been looking at what’s available. During the next week or two I’m going to unpack and wash all my winter clothes and do a ‘stock take.’ After that, I’ll decide what I’m going to splurge on (I already know I’m buying flat leather boots and a decent coat this winter) and what items I’ll buy at Mr Price and other relatively ‘cheap’ stores – items that are trendy and not investment pieces.
WINTER FASHION TRENDS FOR 2013
But before I get to the unpacking, washing and wardrobe planning stage I had to do some research on outfit ideas. I have a specific style that I stick to (skinny jeans, blazer, scarf, boots) and it can get a bit boring. This winter I want to mix things up a bit and here are some of the outfits that I like. Hopefully you can get some outfit inspiration too 🙂 (If you’d like to see more of my blog posts on my top fashion trends for winter 2013, where to shop and how to wear, click here.)
If I can offer my two cents on this winter’s trends – here it is:
- Pointy heels are back. I want to kick myself for throwing out all my pointy heels when it ‘went out of fashion.’ From now on, I’m keeping everything! 😉
- Invest in decent quality boots. I started buying genuine leather boots last season and I hope they will last me a lifetime. If you can wait until the end of winter you will pick them up on sale at a fraction of the price they’re now.
- Ackermans is one franchise retailer that makes great winter coats. Not the best quality but for a few hundred Rand you can’t expect a wool coat. I’ve bought a few nice coats from them over the years, and I’ll definitely pop by their store once I start my shopping.
- Invest in accessories like scarfs and hats – this will help you to mix and match and add a unique element to each outfit. Bags are a good investment too 🙂
I am so excited for winter. Not only the shopping and the planning of a wardrobe but also everything that the new season will bring. We’re getting a new puppy, a close friend and her husband is expecting their baby boy in June and business-wise the next three months are going to be challenging. It’s a good thing that I’d be able to shop to relief some of the stress so I say bring it on! 😉 If you’d like to see more of my blog posts on my top fashion trends for winter 2013, where to shop and how to wear, click here.
Click to follow me on Instagram
MORE WINTER OUTFIT IDEAS AND FASHION TRENDS
- Fashion trends for winter 2013
- How to wear a summer dress in winter
- An outfit idea for autumn
- How to wear leather leggings
- Winter stock at Zara Cape Town
- Red winter boots at Jet