If you’re looking for an alternative way to present potatoes as a side dish, this is a great idea. It’s easy to make and you can prepare it the morning or the evening before and just heat up before the meal.
How to create the filled potatoes:
- Steam or cook the potatoes and once cooked, let it cool down.
- While waiting for the potatoes to cool down fry bacon, onion and mushrooms (basically anything you want) until golden brown.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the middle part of each potato to create the “nest” for where you’re going to place the filling. Put the potato that you’re scooping out in a mixing dish.
- Mash the potato in the mixing bowl until smooth and then mix your bacon and onion mix in with the potato. Scoop a spoonful of the mix in each potato and grate cheese over each.
- Just before you serve the dish, pop it in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes to heat up and melt the cheese.